Sunday, August 9, 2009

SLUMBER

A graveyard so melancholic;
The air as still as tombstones
Guarding the village of the dead;
A glow emerging from one,
A face so kind, a smile so charming;
I held my hand out to him
To sense the warmth of his presence;
Those words of his were still the same,
As if he had never gone.

Footsteps led me far away,
Lonely woods I trotted in vain,
In search of something I didn’t know;
I met someone ready to help,
A trust so blind my heart denied,
He was the devil preparing to leap,
As a bunch of deer fell on the way;
Fleeing from the woods, I reached
A realm of peace and greenery.

A hand on my shoulder I felt;
The lady of life in red she was,
Leading me through all winding paths;
My saviour, my blood she was;
I walked with her, but suddenly,
A swirling gust of wind blew past,
A wisp of smoke and she was gone;
I cried and called out to the wind,
Hope hadn’t left my soul;
I fought the storm, I paved my way,
Till a glimpse of red caught my eye.

A flash of light hit my face,
My gaze unfolded to see
The fluttering of leaves at a distance,
Greeting me for a new start,
The real world had dawned.

No comments:

Post a Comment