Sunday, August 9, 2009

Boston

Maybe i should have started blogging from the time i landed in Boston. I could have narrated my experiences from day 1. I dont know how 3 weeks just passed away. It's been a great stay so far. The weekdays fly and the weekends...well well...it was friday evening just a moment ago! :(

I always wanted to see U.S., but the turn of events suddenly prepared me for the fact that i wasnt going to come here at all. Still i took a chance and decided to give it one last shot. And it worked! So here i am!

Please dont ask me to explain what the above paragraph means, its just too long a story to type. But whatever it was, I sure did learn one thing. Nothing in life comes easy, and you realize the true worth of it when you earn it yourself. Someone had once told me that it is always better to be the second best, because that way, you always have some goal to achieve for which you have to try hard. The harder you try, whether you achieve your goal or not, you learn a lesson in every step.

I stay in a quiet and beautiful place called Windsor Gardens in Norwood. It is not far from Boston. It is a lovely place. I feel close to Mother Nature here. All that is hers has been nurtured and taken care of in the best possible manner. And if you come across a soul or two, they will always greet you with smiling faces.

I had two great weekends. You can check out the photos here (Exclusively for my Orkut friends!). The first one was a visit to M.I.T., Harvard and Quincy Market. I love the Harvard Memorial Hall. I still havent been able to figure out why 'U' is written as 'V' in all the M.I.T. buildings. The Silver girl in Quincy market was awesome. Even better was the guy playing drums with buckets, pots and pans. Such talent! The commuter railway and subway are truly convenient ways to travel. And the station is just 2 mins walk from my place.

The mission for the following weekend was the Boston Freedom Trail. We avoided the Duck Tour and chose to walk for over 2.5 miles, till our legs couldn't carry us. But i tell you, it was worth it! There were churches, graveyards and other important buildings. I do not know much about U.S. history, but it was a great experience. What I liked best was the USS Cassin Young- World War II destroyer. We reached the last stop of the trail late and missed the chance to climb the 294 steps of Bunker Hill Monument to view the city from up there.

This weekend was dedicated to shopping, cooking and singing. Not bad to relax once in a while! :) We are planning for Niagara next week. My mom is crazy about it. Hope I can take her there some day.

And the week starts again tomorrow. Hello Monday!

3 comments:

  1. come on ipshi...make it more interestin like ur mails!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A writer coming out of ipshita..
    Sorry ipshita but i don't have enough patience to read all of the above written letters, words and paragraphs...but i know u write really well..
    Good going ipshita ..

    Hmm.. i guess the workload in Boston is less so that u r getting time for this.. :P

    Amar

    ReplyDelete