Sunday, August 9, 2009

INNOCENCE

This poem is a tribute to the 18 magical years i spent in the lush green mountains of Aizawl. How I long to relive those days!
**************************************************************************************************************************
The morning sun slyly smiled,
Caressing my face with its first rays;
Peeping from behind the green mount,
It greeted me for a new start.

Twenty minutes of climb it was,
As the blanket of golden glow
Spread its beauty in this utopia-
Oh! Mother Nature and her exotism.

Life was awake! People of the hills
Embraced it with energy anew;
Toiling hands and feet at work,
But smiles around, not a care.

A divine child in his mother’s arms
Stood in white, as we prayed;
A melody of ages resounded,
Inciting the spirit of faith divine.

The lousy dragging of thousand feet,
The noises, the punishment severe;
The jumping and running around
With legs that never tired.

A thousand dreams in my longing eyes,
A never-ending desire to touch the sky,
Blessed ignorance, knowledge priceless,
A journey of a day to last a lifetime.

The dull yellow bricks welcomed me;
My shelter, my world it was,
Where tired yet comforting arms
Shielded me from the darkest days.

With companionship true and promising,
A voice filled with loving comfort;
A hand to pull me up, make me stand
When others had their backs turned.

Days of laughter and games
Vanished like the last rays of the sun;
My heart aches and calls out
To bring me back the days that are gone,
To bring me back my innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment