Sunday, August 9, 2009

THE CASSIOPEIA

A fluorescent glow in dark silence,
One patter or two moistening;
A lonesome breeze from far away
Gently sways the green;
Grey is the veil that seals the sky,
Jewel-studded it hides from me;
Rare is it, a noise below,
Or is it far above me?
A few footsteps now and then
Come and go at will.

Moments race far behind,
Bringing me the stars;
I gaze at the Cassiopeia,
My stare being not alone;
The chill of nocturnal driven away
With the warmth of an embrace;
Promising and true, it was life-
A look in the eyes so true;
The lamp of my journey it meant to be,
As a shudder hit my presence.

Yet again I stare at the glow,
Feeling the light, I smile;
The lamp is my partner still,
The soul that lit up my life
Is walking with me still.

No comments:

Post a Comment