Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Hard Way of Life - Just Move On...

There comes a moment in our life when we are forced to make a decision which our heart doesn't approve of. The battle between the heart and the mind is something familiar to every human. It has been going on for centuries now and will never end.

There is something called 'being practical'. What is it? We convince ourselves to be practical when we allow our mind to win. I don't think that is wrong. When we come to a point in our life to be able to distinguish between (a)what is good for us and (b)what is appealing but will not last long, we should be sensible enough to make the right choice. And I don't think I need to specify which one that is.

God I hate it when I face such a situation. There used to be a time when I listened to my heart and only my heart. Wow that sucked! It took me a really long time to realize how to say STOP AND THINK.

And now, that hour - when we learn to prepare ourselves for the decision we have taken. It is tough and we know that our life is going to change. But we also know that this is for our best. We need to make ourselves strong. How much ever we want to turn back, we should have the will power to move on.

The song below describes to a great extent in very simple words what our mental state would be in such a situation-

I BEGAN TO DRIFT AWAY
LISTENING TO THE SOUND OF FALLING RAIN
COULDN’T WAIT ANOTHER DAY
THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY

SAID MY GOODBYES AND NOW
THIS JOURNEY’S JUST BEGINNING
TIME TO MOVE ON AHEAD AND DRIVE

IT’S RAINING NOW,BUT I KNOW IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME
LET IT POUR,I’LL SOAK IT IN & I’M READY THIS TIME

IT’S SO UNREAL,YET I KNEW IT ALL ALONG
I BELIEVE YOU NOW, YOU DON’T HAVE TO SAY A THING
NO MORE TEARS TO CRY, NO MORE NEED TO LIE
RIGHT NOW I’M LEAVING FOR ME

SAID MY GOODBYES AND NOW
THIS JOURNEY’S JUST BEGINNING
TIME TO MOVE ON AHEAD AND DRIVE

IT’S RAINING NOW,BUT I KNOW IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME
LET IT POUR,I’LL SOAK IT IN & I’M READY THIS TIME

This song is by an Indian Band called Dream Out Loud. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. No wonder no one commented ...its a great song which means a lot... I have a few things to add to what you mentioned in my simple ways.....

    Everyone comes into out lives for a reason, something. They impart some wisdom, change us, make us better and leave. Some do stay longer than others.
    Change is not something new to us. We have been thru change from the day we were born.A new school, a new class every year, a new place to live. Without change we would not grow.

    But as we grow up we find it more difficult to go through change and accept it. We associate change with things going wrong instead of just different. Always look at the silver lining of a situation, what you have gained from it, the experiences, the memories and not ponder on what you have lost. But if you are able to do this, tell me how.?

    The battle between the heart and the mind is the same as the battle between what you want and what is good for you. In either case it is how you justify you actions to yourself that matters the most, how you console yourself about your decision that will really give you peace, more than the outcome of the decision.

    Acceptance and forgiveness is the first step, you got to really be able to tell yourself that the situation is as it is and there is nothing i can do to change it. you will look back at this blog 2 years from now and laugh that you struggled so much and realise that hardships come and go and that it just makes you stronger.
    Sometimes the cards we are dealt are not always fair. However you must keep smiling , spread happiness & moving on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog!! Just the thought many of us but never really bother to express or even think about..

    About making the sensible choice.. well agreed.. it should be sensible.. but when one is in the battle between the heart and mind.. well ultimately its mind that wins... but i think we should freeze a moment and think with our head before you take our step forward.. afterall.. life is beautiful and is meant to be spent happy.. :) nice blogs and peoms.. good work.. best wishes..

    ReplyDelete